This course will help you or your team to develop professional communication skills. Business writing is one of the most important skills for personal and organizational success.
The secret to being a great professional writer is the ability to refine complex ideas and express them concisely.
The good news is this is exactly what we teach you to do in this course.
It will help smart, technical, analytical professionals whose writing is complex and whose writing matters in the information flow of the company.
In this comprehensive writing workshop we will teach you how to:
- Learn the optimal business writing process, so you can write any document at work confidently.
- Spend 30% less time on each document.
- How to write more efficiently and effectively.
- Plan, draft and edit important documents including memos, business letters, reports, and email.
- Write with purpose, so there is no doubt what the reader’s next action should be.
This course is a great fit for you or your organization if…
- You’re in charge of a group or division in your company and looking to improve your team’s communication and professionalism.
- You’re an individual looking to improve your skills to get a raise, become more effective in your communication, or become more qualified for a new job.
- You’re a non-native speaker looking to increase your ability to communicate professionally in English.
[We have a version of this course just for non-native speakers]
- You’ve recently moved to a role where you need to write more technical or analytical documents and reports.
- You want to become better in business writing, but you don’t know strategies specific to your skill gaps.
This course is probably not for someone just looking for grammar or language tips.
The most difficult part of professional communication is effectively writing for your audience and expressing complexity in an easy-to-understand way.
Business writing is an essential skill for every working professional. It is critical that you can communicate with individuals both inside and outside of your organization. Write to minimize confusion, avoid expensive mistakes, and evade 50-thread email chains.
The point is your company (and your job) depends on clear communication.
Yet so many business professionals continue to make the same embarrassing mistakes and feel overwhelmed when sythesizing and communicating complex information to multiple audiences.
If you are feeling overwhelmed by reports, emails, meetings, and interruptions then there is probably a breakdown in your writing process.
Our students continually tell us that they didn’t even realize the mistakes and missed opportunities they were making every day.
Imagine being able to quickly and effectively write communications. Making it easy for colleagues, auditors, compliance, executives, or potential clients to understand your message.
Remember – the goal of this course is to teach you strategies to become a more strategic business writer. This means you will be able to present complex information clearly, regardless of the type of document and audience.